This little black bird with an open mouth bird is a plant tender or aqua spike. Made of hand cast ceramics plant tenders help to keep outdoors garden flower containers or indoors potted plants watered without constant attention and help to avoid overwatering and soggy soil. To use simply insert the cone shape spike into the dirt and fill the reservoir with water. The soil absorbs water through the porous spike, just refill the reservoir when needed. Plant tenders also help keep plants watered while away.
The little black bird measures:
- 4 inches tall overall
- 2 1/2 inches wide (head to tail)
- 2 inches deep, the opening at top is approx. 3/4 inch in diameter
- drainage cone shaped spike is approx. 1 1/2 inches long.
- holds approximately 2 ounces of water
Color is Gloss Black with a touch of golden brown/orange on wings and tail. All plant tenders are hand cast from ceramic slip and fired in my kiln. Each piece is glazed by hand and fired in my kiln a second time. All glaze used is non-toxic and lead free.
Made in the USA.
Please keep in mind each piece is hand made and has its own individual characteristics.
ORDER & SHIPPING INFORMATION
- Orders ship from our studio in approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Please allow for transit time after the order ships.
- Ships USPS Mail.