This open mouth bird in purple fantasy is a plant tender or hydro spike. Made of ceramic pottery plant tenders help you keep garden containers or potted plants watered without constant attention and help you avoid overwatering. To use you simply insert the cone shape spike into the soil and fill the reservoir with water. The soil absorbs the water through the porous spike, just refill the reservoir when needed. Plant tenders also help keep plants watered while away.
- 4 inches tall overall
- 2 1/2 inches wide (head to tail)
- 2 inches deep
- Opening at top is approx. 3/4 of an inch in diameter
- Drainage spike that is inserted into the soil is approx. 1 1/2 inches long
- Holds approximately 2 ounces of water
All plant tenders are hand cast from clay slip and fired in my kiln. Each piece is glazed by hand and fired in my kiln a second time. All glaze used is non-toxic.
Made in the USA.
Please keep in mind each piece is hand made and has its own individual characteristics.
ORDER & SHIPPING INFORMATION
- Orders ship from our studio in approximately 2-4 weeks.
- Please allow for transit time after the order ships.
- Ships USPS Mail.